by Anna Otieno
• Itizen, a new service that provides trackable quick-response (QR) code tags for physical objects, wants to take show and tell into the 21st century.
• Using an Itizen TrackIt Tag—which is available in both stick-on and sew-on varieties—anyone can tag an object, register the tag, post a digital anecdote online, and track the object’s whereabouts.
• Artisans can differentiate their creations by giving consumers auditory insight into their creative process, while curious consumers benefit from additional knowledge about products and creators.
• Smart-phone owners can use their device and a reader app to scan an object’s code and access its story. No smart phone, no problem. Each TrackIt Tag also includes an alphanumeric code.
What This Means to Business
• Consumers are using tech tools to imbue everyday objects with added meaning. Digital tagging will continue to open new doors in the world of marketing as brands and consumers connect for increasingly personalized encounters.